Why Energy Audit Required
Energy today has become a key factor in deciding the product cost at micro level as well as in dictating the inflation and the debt burden at the macro level. Energy cost is a significant factor in economic activity at par with factors of production like capital, land and labor. The imperatives of an energy shortage situation calls for energy conservation measure, which essentially mean using less energy for the same level of activity. Energy Audit attempts to balance the total energy inputs with its use and serves to identify all the energy streams in the systems and quantifies energy usage's according to its discrete function. Energy Audit helps in energy cost optimization, pollution control, safety aspects and suggests the methods to improve the operating & maintenance practices of the system. It is instrumental in coping with the situation of variation in energy cost availability, reliability of energy supply, decision on appropriate energy mix, decision on using improved energy conservation equipment's. instrumentation's and technology
Objectives of Energy Audit
The Energy Audit provides the vital information base for overall energy conservation program covering essentially energy utilization analysis and evaluation of energy conservation measures. It aims at:
1. Identifying the quality and cost of various energy inputs.
2. Assessing present pattern of energy consumption in different cost centers of operations.
3. Relating energy inputs and production output.
4. Identifying potential areas of thermal and electrical energy economy.
5. Highlighting wastage's in major areas.
6. Fixing of energy saving potential targets for individual cost centers.
7. Implementation of measures for energy conservation & realization of savings.
Energy Audit Includes
1. Energy Accounting & Balancing
2. Specific Energy Consumption
3. Performance Of Major Equipments
4. Study of Distribution Systems
5. Study of Process & Operations
6. Thermography of Electric Panel
7. Power of Harmonic Analysis
8. Identification of Potential Areas
9. Provide Techno-Economically Feasible suggestions for optimize total cost of Energy
10. Energy Audit Report