Why Solid-Waste Management Required
Solid-waste management, the collecting, treating, and disposing of solid material that is discarded because it has served its purpose or is no longer useful. Improper disposal of municipal solid waste can create unsanitary conditions, and these conditions in turn can lead to pollution of the environment and to outbreaks of vector-borne disease—that is, diseases spread by rodents and insects. The tasks of solid-waste management present complex technical challenges. They also pose a wide variety of administrative, economic, and social problems that must be managed and solved.
Objectives of Solide Waste Management
1. Waste reduction, prevention and minimization
6. Fixing of energy saving potential targets for individual cost centers.
7. Hazardous waste
Benifits of Solide Waste Management Includes
1. To protect environment
2. Recycling generates money
3. To reduce all types of waste
4. Saves earthand conserves energy