ISO 50001 - Energy management
Why ISO 50001:2018 – Energy Management System
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve Energy performance along with quality and environmental performance.
Benefits of ISO 50001:2018 are in the following manner
1. Energy reduction of up to 5 to 10%
2. Reduction in electricity and fuel bill . .
3. Reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and carbon footprint.
4. Assist in compliance with current and future voluntary and/or mandatory energy efficiency targets.
5. 5. Improved operational efficiencies and maintenance practices.
Services offered in ISO 50001:2018
1. Plan and implementation of the Energy management system
2. Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy and make a energy use consumption register
3. Fix targets, objectives for energy reduction and make action plans to meet the targets.
4. Use the past energy use and consumption data to better understand and make decisions about energy use and its savings.
5. Awareness and Internal Audit training on Energy Management
6. Get the ISO 50001 certificate from International accredited certification body.